Here Some of the IELTS FAQ
Below mentioned points are the IELTS FAQ regarding payment, fees, confirmation emails, headphones, things to bring to IELTS Examination center, test time and cancellation policy.
- Where can I find the Payment Reference Number?
- Answer: Payment reference number can found in the payment confirmation email sent to you when you pay for the exam.
- If a candidate is unable to pay online? Is there any other mode of payments
- Answer: The most convenient way of payment is online; however, if you are unable to do so, you can always choose any other mode of payment. We accept the following methods of payment
- • In-person by cash, credit card or debit card•e-transfer
- • Bank/wire transfer
- • Over the phone using your credit card.
- What are the fees for the IELTS Exams?
- Answer:This is most IELTS FAQ, the fees for any IELTS Exam(Academic or General, Paper Based or Computer Delivered) is
- • $311.00 if paid by cash, debit card or e-transfer
- • $320.62 if paid by credit card.
- The Payment Reference Number provide within 24 business hours of payment. Note: Weekends not considered in business hours.
- What if a candidate does not receive confirmation of payment and document?
- Answer: Usually, it takes 48 business hours to receive confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours, you can contact our BITTS Testing Service office at +1905-790-3940
- • Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us if you need more info on IELTS FAQ.
- • Drop by at our office at 209-7420 Airport Road, Mississauga ON L4T 4E5 (Monday-Friday between 9-5)
- Are headphones available or not?
- Answer:Yes, we do provide best in class wireless headphones for all registered candidates for both academic and general IETLS. Pencils, Erasers, Water provided at the exam center.
- How to register for IELTS online?
- Answer:To register online, log on to our website and select your mode of exam. i.e. Paper-Based or Computer-Based as per your desire. Once you make up your mind, click on the register button on the webpage. You will be redirected to the registration page where you can select your desired date and register for the exam.
- What to carry with you on the exam day?
- Answer: On the day of the exam, registered candidates will have to carry nothing more than their passports or identification document. The identification document should be the same that is used for the registration. The centre will provide stationery including headphones, pencils, erasers and water for the test. Materials are allowed inside the test hall. The materials include watches, phones, smartphones, headphone, stationery, water bottles, papers, pencils, erasers, jewellery etc.
- Does BITTS provide IELTS training services along with testing services?
- Answer: Yes, BITTS not only provides tests for registered candidates but also provides best in class training for people. Are you looking to appear for the IELTS exam soon? For more information, IELTS FAQ, related to course and fees, click here.
- Do BITTS provide test material?
- Answer: The test centre will provide all of the materials required for the candidate to appear for listening, reading and writing the test. Materials include headphones, pencils, erasers, water bottles, etc.
- What time does the test end?
- Answer: The test starts between 9:00 and 9:30 and usually takes 2 hours 30 minutes to complete the Listening, Reading and Writing components. The speaking component is scheduled separately either on the same day or an adjoining day. The format is as follows:
- -Listening: 30 minutes
- -Reading: 60 minutes
- -Writing 60 minutes
- -Speaking 11-15 minutes
- *Speaking date may or may not be on the same day as the other three modules.
- Can any other person collect the Test Report Form (TRF) on behalf of the appeared candidate?
- Answer: Yes, one can collect TRF on the candidate’s behalf. To do that, the candidate has to send a letter of authority on email@example.com along with the receiver’s government ID proof and a completed Authorization Form.
- Exam Cancellation Policy.
- Answer: Request for Cancellation or Transfer must be made via email only. Telephone cancellation or postpone will not be accepted. A registered candidate can cancel his/her exam five weeks before the date of the paper-based exam and one week before the computer-delivered exam: an 80-dollar admission fee and the refund processed in 5-7 business days. Candidates are not eligible for a refund if they request for cancellations after the required deadline has passed. The candidate would have to send the completed Request for Refund/ Transfer Formto firstname.lastname@example.org to process the request.
- If a candidate is a refugee, will he/she need a form of identification?
- Answer: If one is a refugee.He/She will have to carry their “Refugee Protection Claimant Document” with them and any other form of government-issued photo ID.
- When, where and how can you collect your TRF?
- Answer: One can collect their TRFsfrom the test centre itself. Candidate can receive the TRF by showing their passport or any other Canadian issues ID. In case of third-party collection, an Authorization Form emailed to email@example.com
- Can a candidate schedule your speaking date after you have registered?
- Answer: No one cannot reschedule their speaking date once it has assigned.
- Can a candidate schedule the exam date five weeks before the exam date after registering for a selected date and time?
- Answer: Yes, a registered candidate can make changes to his registration or change the date before five weeks from the time of the test. He will not be allowed a replacement or any refund on administration fee. 30$ charged for rescheduling an exam. The candidate would have to send the completed Request for Refund/ Transfer Formto firstname.lastname@example.org to process the request.
- Refund Policy
- Answer: Request for Refund must be made via email only. A telephone refund request will not be accepted. Guaranteed refunds provided if one cancels their test 5 weeks before paper-based or one week before the computer-delivered date of the test. An $80 administration fee charged to the candidate for any cancellations. The candidate would have to send the completed Request for Refund/ Transfer Formto email@example.com process the request.
- Does BITTS send TRF via Mail?
- Yes, BITTS provides an option to send TRF via express post to the requested organizations. An electronic copy sent to organizations for those that are set up to receive the same. Candidates need to submit the completed application to issue additional TRFs to firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate would have to pay $45, which cover the postal and administrative charges. Does ILETS FAQ solve all your questions, please let us know in the contact us form?
Transfer & Cancellation
The head office must receive requests for transfer or cancellation at least five weeks before the first-choice test date. If it is less than five weeks from your test date, refunds and test date transfers will only be considered for Special Circumstances.
The following considered Special Circumstances for Test-Day transfer or refund:
- Serious Illness — hospital admission or serious injury: accompanied by a medical note from a registered Medical Doctor.
- Loss or Bereavement — the death of a close family member: accompanied by a death certificate helps to cancel the exam.
- Hardship/Trauma — victim of a crime, victim of a traffic accident: accompanied by a police report.
- Military Service — enlist: accompanied by a letter from the government.
All transfers or cancellation will be subject to an $80.00 administration fee. For all transfer or cancellation requests, please complete the following forms and email, fax or mail to the IELTS office:
- Payment Form (pdf)
- Request for Refund or Test Day Transfer Form (pdf)
- Special Circumstance requests require appropriate documentation or evidence including but not limited to medical certificate from a registered medical doctor, a death notice, certificate, police report or government letter
If you qualify for a Special Circumstance transfer or cancellation after test day. The transfer or cancellation request must obtain no later than five days after the test date.
Test takers who miss the timeline will NOT receive a transfer or cancellation and MUST reapply.
All refunds and test data transfers are subject to an $80.00 fee. There are no exceptions. If you have more questions in IELTS FAQ, please let us know.
Refunds: Refunds may take 2–3 weeks for processing (the fee test-takers pay minus $80).