IELTS Cancellation Policy
You can cancel your IELTS test registration at any time before taking your test by notifying your Test Center. IELTS cancellation and refund terms depend upon when you cancel and whether exceptional circumstances apply.
Time to test date
- More than 14 days (excluding the test day) before the test:
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration more than 14 days before the test (Test day is not counted) you will receive a 75% refund of the total test fee.
- Within 14 days but more than three days (excluding the test day) before the test:
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration within 14 days but more than three days before the test (Test day is not counted) you will receive a 50% refund of the total test fee.
- Within three days (excluding the test day) of the test:
- If you cancel your IELTS test registration within three days of the test (Test day is not counted) you will not receive any refund.
If it is less than five weeks from your test date, refunds and test date transfers will only be considered for special/exceptional Circumstances.
The following considered Special Circumstances for Test-Day transfer or refund:
- Serious Illness— hospital admission or serious injury: accompanied by a medical note from a registered Medical Doctor.
- Loss or Bereavement— the death of a close family member: accompanied by a death certificate helps to cancel the exam.
- Hardship/Trauma— victim of a crime, victim of a traffic accident: accompanied by a police report.
- Military Service— enlist: accompanied by a letter from the government.
Transfer fees is $30, Refunds may take 2–3 weeks for processing. For all transfer or cancellation requests, please complete the following forms and email it to email@example.com:
If you qualify for a Special Circumstance transfer or cancellation after test day. The transfer or cancellation request must obtain no later than five working days after the test date.
Test takers who miss the timeline will NOT receive a transfer or cancellation and MUST reapply.